Thursday 29 November 2018

#BookBlast The Burning House by Neil Spring @QuercusBooks @MillsReid11 @NeilSpring #BurningHouse

The Burning House by Neil Spring
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

'Neil Spring is Agatha Christie meets James Herbert' STEPHEN VOLK

It was a victimless crime...

Estate Agent Clara is struggling to make a sale. With her abusive ex-husband on the brink of finding where she's hiding, she needs to make a commission soon or lose her chance to escape.

Boleskine House on the shores of Loch Ness has remained unsold for years, and Clara is sure that an 'innocent' fire will force the price down. But the perfect crime soon turns into the perfect nightmare: there was a witness, a stranger in the village, and he's not going to let Clara get away with it that easily...


**********

Clara is on the run, she has started a new life and all she wants is to lie low. And, she needs to sell Boleskine House, but the price is too high. So, she thinks if she only could get the price reduced a bit, then everything will be fine. A small fire will do the trick. However, someone saw her, someone that has a plan for Boleskine House, and now he has a plan for Clara as well...

From blurb may the book seem like an ordinary thriller, but this is a Neil Spring book so when weird shit starts to happen was I not surprised. Delighted, but not surprised. I wouldn't say that the book scared me or anything. However, I was intrigued. I mean Boleskine House, that's one cool place with a lot of history. For instance, Alistar Crowley and Jimmy Page are two notorious owners. And Crowley, well he pretty infamous. I didn't know this before I started to read the book. I actually didn't reflect much on the blurb since all I saw was new Neil Spring book and I wanted to read it. I've read THE GHOST HUNTERS and THE LOST VILLAGE and I loved them both. So, getting a new book was a treat.

THE BURNING HOUSE is perfect if you love to read paranormal thrillers. As with the previous books, I have read is the writing fabulous and it was nice to read a story set in modern time. Neil Spring has become a favorite author of mine and I will read pretty much anything he writes. As long as I get delightfully dark stories of course.

I want to thank the publisher for providing me with a free copy through NetGalley for an honest review!


No comments:

Post a Comment