Sunday 30 July 2017

#BookReview Love Me Not by M.J. Arlidge (@mjarlidge) @MichaelJBooks

Love Me Not by M.J. Arlidge
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

She Loves Me
A woman's body lies in the road. At first it looks like a tragic accident. But when Helen Grace arrives on the scene it's clear she's looking at a coldblooded killing. But why would anyone target a much-loved wife and mother?

She Loves Me Not
Across town, a shopkeeper is killed while his customers are left unharmed. But what lies behind the killer's choices?

She Loves Me
Who lives? Who dies? Who's next? The clock is ticking.

She Loves Me Not
If Helen can't solve this deadly puzzle then more blood will be shed. But any mistake and it might be her own ...

Helen Grace, now back at Southampton Central following her release from prison, is first on the scene.

A break neck thriller which takes place in real time over 24 hours, this is the sharpest, most adrenliased Helen Grace thriller yet.


**********

It was with a bit of sadness that I finished listening to this book since I knew that this is the last one published (for now) and I had a blast listening to the last three books in the series in a row. This is a series that's definitely should be read from the beginning, every book is like a new chapter in a book and starting in the middle isn't something that I recommend. I know since I started with book two and now wish that I hadn't done that.

Anyway, I was a bit doubtful at first with this story that takes place during 24 hours. After the thrilling last book, did I feel that I had a bit of a hard time to really get into the story, but I shouldn't have been worried, this seems like an open and shut case, but BAM then the story twisted and I was hooked, as usual with the books in this series. I truly enjoyed the thrilling story with two people that randomly seem to kill people, or is it so random? It's up to Helen Grace to find out. It tragic, and sometimes I do wonder how many people get broken because of their own family.

Love me Not is a great book. This is book 7 and so far has every book been great and I can't wait to read the next book. The ending was a bit bittersweet and it will be interesting to see what Helen Grace will do next!

No comments:

Post a Comment