Thursday 2 November 2017

#CoverCrush Scorched Shadows by Steve McHugh @Marablaise

For new visitors do I want to explain that Cover Crush is something that my friend Erin over at Flashlight Commentary came up with and I adopted the idea together with some other friends. And, now we try to put up a Cover Crush every week. You can check below my pick of the week for their choices this week!



In the final chapter of the Hellequin Chronicles, secrets will be revealed, friendships will be tested, and destinies will be fulfilled.


Avalon is under siege. A shadowy cabal, headed by a mysterious figure known only as “My Liege”, has launched a series of deadly attacks across the globe, catching innocent human bystanders in the crossfire.

Emerging from the debris of battle, Nate Garrett, the sixteen-hundred-year-old sorcerer also called Hellequin, and his friends must stop My Liege once and for all. But powerful forces stand in their way. To save Avalon, they will need to enlist the help of Mordred, once Nate’s greatest nemesis, now his most formidable ally. But Mordred is grappling with a dark prophecy that could spell Nate’s doom…

The fate of the world hangs in the balance. Even if Nate can halt the war, will there be anything left worth saving?


Some thoughts about the cover:

This cover sums up pretty much how I want the cover to an urban fantasy novel to look with an image to appeals to me right from the start. I mean look at it with the mysterious man (Nate) sitting on a throne with sword (I thought it was a cane first, but when I started to write about the cover did I see that it's a sword and now I suspect that it's Excalibur) and the other hand sparkles magic. What's not to like? 

Check out what my friends have picked for Cover Crush's this week:

Stephanie @ Layered Pages





No comments:

Post a Comment