Wednesday 12 September 2018

#BookReview Annars skjuter jägaren mig (I Am Your Judge) by Nele Neuhaus @NeleNeuhaus @albertbonniers (SWE/ENG)

Annars skjuter jägaren mig by Nele Neuhaus
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

SWEDISH REVIEW

Bröllopsresan är planerad över jul och nyår. Äntligen ska kriminalinspektör Pia Kirchhoff, hemligt nygift, få sin välförtjänta semester. Men dagarna innan resan nås hon av ett telefonsamtal som får planerna att gå om intet. I det lilla samhället Eschborn utanför Frankfurt har en äldre kvinna skjutits ihjäl av en okänd gärningsman. Kort därpå inträffar ytterligare ett liknande mord: en kvinna skjuts ihjäl genom köksfönstret. Inget av offren hade några fiender. Varför måste just de dö? Trycket på utredningen ökar snabbt. Pia Kirchhoff och hennes chef Oliver von Bodenstein söker efter en mördare som tycks välja sina offer godtyckligt – och de kommer en mänsklig tragedi på spåren.

**********

ANNARS SKJUTER JÄGAREN MIG är den senaste boken utgiven i Nele Neuhaus serie om poliserna Oliver von Bodenstein och Pia Kirchhoff. Innan jag började läsa denna bok så tog jag mig an de två tidigare publicerade böckerna och de var fantastiska. Först var jag lite förbryllad över vissa saker när jag läste SNÖVIT MÅSTE DÖ. Men så kollade jag upp boken och såg att de första böckerna har inte publicerats på svenska och att SNÖVIT MÅSTE DÖ är bok nummer fyra i serien. Det förklarade så mycket. Nu hoppas jag att de tidigare böckerna kommer på svenska en vacker dag.

ANNARS SKJUTER JÄGAREN MIG är en grymt bra kriminalare. Skytten verkar inte ha något som helst motiv när han skjuter människor och det lamslår hela staden. Oliver von Bodenstein och Pia Kirchhoff försöker få fram något som binder offren tillsammans samtidigt som pressen att lösa fallet ökar varje dag. När som helst kan någon ny människa falla offer.

Nele Neuhaus har klivit rakt in i min lista på favoritförfattare. Jag bara älskar hennes böcker. De tre jag har läst har alla hållit samma höga kvalité och jag är imponerade över hur hon lyckas få till berättelserna varje gång på ett så sätt att man misstänker ett flertal personer. Jag blev så förtjust i serien att jag beställde den enda bok jag kunde få tag på på Engelska, The Ice Queen, bok tre i serien. Nu hoppas jag bara att fler böcker i Bodenstein & Kirchhoff serien kommer att översättas till svenska eller engelska. Skulle inte heller ha något emot att se böckerna som film.

Tack till Albert Bonniers Förlag för recensionsexemplaret!

ENGLISH REVIEW

Police Detective Pia Kirchhoff is about to leave on her long-delayed honeymoon when she receives a phone call. An elderly woman has been shot and killed while walking her dog. A short while later another murder is committed and the modus operandi is eerily similar - a woman is killed by a bullet that smashes through her kitchen window ... and in both cases the same weapon fired the shot. Two more murders follow in short order. None of the victims had enemies and no one knows why they were singled out. As fear of the Taunus Sniper grows among the local residents, the pressure rises on Detective Kirchhoff. She and her partner, Oliver von Bodenstein, search for a suspect who appears to murder at will, but as the investigation progresses, the police officers uncover a human tragedy.

I am Your Judge is tightly plotted, and delivers surprise twists at every turn with a story that is ripped from the headlines.

**********

I AM YOUR JUDGE is the latest book published here in Sweden. It's the seventh book in the Bodenstein & Kirchhoff series. Before I started to read this book, did I take on the two previously published (Swedish) books and they were fabulous. I was at first a bit confused when I read SNOW WHITE MUST DIE. It felt like I started to read a story in the middle, liked I had missed the beginning. However, I learned that this was because SNOW WHITE MUST DIE is book four. The first three books haven't been published in Sweden. It explained a lot. I hope to see them published in Swedish some day.

I AM YOUR JUDGE is a fantastic crime novel. We have lone gunman that seems to kill people without any rhyme or reason. He just shoots people and the citizens in the city are afraid to go out. Oliver von Bodenstein and Pia Kirchhoff are working hard to find something that binds the people killed together. They are under a lot of stress. Any day can someone new be shot.

Nele Neuhaus has stepped right into my list of favorite authors. I just love her books. All the books I have read so far (three) has held the same high standard and I'm impressed how she managed to write the stories in such a way that I always suspect a lot of people. I was so thrilled with the books that I ordered the only book I could find translated into English that I had yet to read. And that's THE ICE QUEEN, book three in the series. I hope more books will be translated into Swedish or English. I wouldn't mind either to see the books turned into movies or mini-series.

Thanks to Albert Bonniers Förlag for the review copy!

1 comment:

  1. Movies or mini series....I will be checking out this author. Thanks for bringing her to my attention.
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete