Friday 19 October 2018

#BookReview Fatal Promise by Angela Marsons @WriteAngie @bookouture

Fatal Promise by Angela Marsons
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Eeeny meeny, miney, moe. Who lives, who dies only I know.

When the body of a doctor is discovered brutally murdered in local woodland, Detective Kim Stone is shocked to discover the victim is Gordon Cordell – a man linked to a previous case she worked on involving the death of a young school girl. Gordon has a chequered past, but who would want him dead?

As the investigation gets underway, Gordon’s son is involved in a horrific car crash which leaves him fighting for his life. Kim's sure this was no accident.

Then the body of a woman is found dead in suspicious circumstances and Kim makes a disturbing link between the victims and Russells Hall Hospital. The same hospital where Gordon worked.

With Kim and her team still grieving the loss of one of their own, they’re at their weakest and facing one of the most dangerous serial killers they’ve ever encountered. Everything is on the line. Can Kim keep her squad together and find the killer before he claims his next victim?

The killer is picking off his victims at a terrifying pace, and he’s not finished yet.


*********

FATAL PROMISE is book nine in the Kim Stone series and I've read every single one of them. The D.I. Kim Stone series is a great crime series and I'm always thrilled when I get a new copy to read. I like the characters so much, and the cases are always so good. However, it's hard to write a review without spoiling too much, both for those that have never read the series, or just this book. So, I will try to be as vague as possible. Kim and her colleagues had to deal with a tragic loss in the last book and now they have to deal with it at work. This part of the book is something that I both enjoyed and felt sad about reading. I think, however, that this new move will be interesting in future books.

As for the case, very interesting, especially since it was hard to figure out who was behind it all, and why. Just the kind of case I love to read about. The book's pace was fast and I enjoyed reading it immensely. This is one of the strongest books in the series, but then again, that's hardly a surprise since Marsons knows how to write an engaging crime novel. Now I want the next book.

I want to thank Bookouture for providing me with a free copy through NetGalley for an honest review!

No comments:

Post a Comment