Saturday 27 October 2018

#BookReview This Fallen Prey by Kelley Armstrong @KelleyArmstrong @MinotaurBooks

This Fallen Prey by Kelley Armstrong
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

When Casey Duncan first arrived at Rockton, the off-the-grid, isolated community built as a haven for people running from their pasts, she had no idea what to expect. There are no cell phones, no internet, no mail, and no way of getting in or out without the town council's approval. She certainly didn't expect to become the town homicide detective. But, the very last thing she expected was for the council to drop a dangerous criminal into their midst without a plan to keep him imprisoned. And she never thought that she'd have to be responsible for him. 

The longer Oliver Brady stays in town, the more people seem to die around him. When evidence begins piling up that someone inside Rockton is working as his accomplice, Casey races to figure out who exactly Brady is and what crimes he's truly responsible for committing.


**********

I'm lucky enough to have, WATCHERS IN THE WOODS, the latest book in the Rockton series. However, I wanted to read THE FALLEN PRAY, the previous book released before I started it since it's the only one I hadn't read. So, I went for the audio version and it was a thrilling ride. I'm a big audiobook fan and Therese Plummer the narrator did an excellent job.

The Rockton series is fabulous, and THE FALLEN PRAY is one of the strongest books in the series. Casey Duncan and her law enforce colleagues get caught between a rock and a hard place when dangerous criminal Oliver Brady is dropped in Rockton and they are now responsible to keep him safe. Which is hard since the general population in Rockton, the off-the-grid community is, of course, curious to know who he is and what he has done...

I really liked this book and I'm now really eager to read the next book in the series. I recommend this series if you want a slightly different kind of thriller series. Rockton is a town with a lot of secrets and dangerous people. And, Casey's skill as a homicide detective is much needed...

1 comment:

  1. I think this is the one I've read...I like this author so much I have a listing of just that in goodreads lol

    ReplyDelete