Monday 16 March 2015

Three Days to Forever by Lauren Carr

Three Days to Forever by Lauren Carr
My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars

In this latest Mac Faraday Mystery from best-selling mystery author Lauren Carr, readers will embark on a rollercoaster adventure with old friends (including the Lovers in Crime team of Prosecutor Joshua Thornton and Homicide Detective Cameron Gates), but also meet new ones as Mac Faraday’s daughter Jessica Faraday and Joshua Thornton’s son Murphy Thornton join the team in the race to get the love birds to the altar!

With three days left to the year, Deep Creek Lake is hopping with holiday vacationers and wedding guests pouring into the Spencer Inn for Mac Faraday and Archie Monday’s huge wedding ceremony which is being touted as the social event of the year.

But droopy flowers and guests who failed to RSVP are the least of Mac’s and Archie’s problems when a professional hit squad hits Spencer Manor to send the groom, Joshua Thornton, Archie’s mother, and Gnarly running for their lives.

With time running out to the big day, Mac Faraday and Spencer’s small police force have to sort through the clues to figure out not only who has been targeted for assassination, but also who is determined to stop everything … FOREVER!

**********

This was one hell of a ride and I loved almost every minute of it!

This is the ninth book in the Mac Faraday Mystery series and the first one I've read, but I had no problems getting into the story, much thank to the character listing that was in the beginning of the book. It was very good to have because there were a lot of characters involved in this story and it wasn't always easy to keep track of everyone, for instance, who belonged to which family and so on.

Mac Faraday and Archie Mondays wedding is in three days, but a lot of things can happen during three days and believe me a lot of things did happen during the days. We got shootings, kidnappings, murders and to top everything terrorists out for blood. This was a non-stop action book, it happened things all the time and it was a real pleasure to read. The characters were all great. It was no problems reading this book even though I haven't read any of the previous ones, it only made me more determent to read all eight before this one so that I could get to know the characters more and figure out things that they mentioned that happened in the previous books.

The only thing that stopped me from giving it a 5 star rating was the instalove relationship between Jessica Faraday and Murphy Thornton; I mean I can understand that they could feel attracted to each other, but it went from hello to I love you in a blink of the eye and that is just something I can't take. Yes, I can take over the top action, but instalove there goes my limit. But besides that as this book a true joy to read!

I recommend this book to anyone that likes a fast-paced book!

No comments:

Post a Comment