Monday 21 December 2015

Miasma by Greg Cox

Miasma by Greg Cox
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The Enterprise is transporting a group of diplomats when a mysterious alien signal is detected from a planet. Spock, Doctor McCoy and Chekov and some bait...eh I mean red shirts, I mean some other crewmembers* are taking a shuttle down to find out more since it's unclear if the beacon is a distress signal or an invitation or even a warning. But, they crash because of some unforeseen circumstances and they can't send a distress signal back to the Enterprise.

**********

This is a short Star Trek story that didn't take that long to read. I think the story would perhaps have been more interesting to read if it had been longer, now it felt like reading a script for an episode instead of a novel. It's short and concise, but it doesn't really grab hold of your interest since, despite the fact that Spock is wounded is it more likely that the crewmembers that are traveling with him Doctor McCoy, and Chekov are the once that are likely to be killed.

description

And, this story also reminded me of the episode in TOS when Spock and McCoy in the Galileo crashed on another planet. And, they even discussed that crashed in this story. It's interesting that they crashed in a shuttle called the Galileo in that story too. But now Spock has a bit different attitude than he had in the episode. But, then it's been 20 years since that happened.

The story was OK, not that surprising, but still, it's the old gang and I love reading a story with them in it. I like the new movies, but I do prefer the original tv-series and movies.

*The story is taking place some years after Wrath of Khan so now everyone is wearing red. But still the crewmembers are just bait!

I want to thank the publisher and NetGalley for providing me with a free copy for an honest review!

No comments:

Post a Comment