Friday 20 February 2015

The Strings of Murder by Oscar de Muriel

The Strings of Murder by Oscar de Muriel
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Disgraced inspector Ian Frey is sent to Edinburgh to investigate the brutal death of a violinist. The violinist was killed in a locked room and there is no way out or in and the walls are covered in magic symbols.

I wish more books were like this; fast-paced, interesting and with short chapters. With short chapters I'm like "OK, just one more chapter"...and 1-2 hours later 1/3 of the book is done. Anyway, the mystery in this book was interesting and I like that the main characters Ian Frey and Adolpho "Nine Nails" McGrey can't stop insulting each other from the moment they met. Dislike at the first sight, I love it. (I prefer it to love at first sight lol). Yes, there were moments in the book when I got it before the main characters, but I just credit that to how brilliant I am to figure out things instead of how simple the solution is. Hehe

This was a good book and I hope more will come, but from the ending of this book it sure looks that way! Yay

Thank you Netgalley for providing me with a free copy for an honest review!

No comments:

Post a Comment