Saturday 24 November 2018

#BookReview The Bridal Party by J G Murray @atlanticbooks

The Bridal Party by J G Murray
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Sometimes friendship can be murder...

It's the weekend of Clarisse's bridal party, a trip the girls have all been looking forward to. Then, on the day of their flight, Tamsyn, the maid of honour, suddenly backs out. Upset and confused, they try to make the most of the stunning, isolated seaside house they find themselves in.

But, there is a surprise in store - Tamsyn has organised a murder mystery, a sinister game in which they must discover a killer in their midst. As tensions quickly boil over, it becomes clear to them all that there are some secrets that won't stay buried...


**********

THE BRIDAL PARTY was for me an excellent between books to read. You know, when you need something lighter and fast read? I've been reading pretty heavy stories and this one felt so good to read. I breezed through the story during a couple of hours. 

Now, first I want to say that the flashbacks didn't do much for me. I quickly realized what was going on and those flashbacks were hardly surprising. I did find the beginning of the book best when the gals arrived on Jersey for Clarisse's bridal party and the bride of honor is missing. And they are all confused to a lot of things. Like why have the costumes they have said to bring with them been changed...? As I said before I quickly figure out the plot, so I did skim read a bit to get to the end. It's like a murder mystery episode of any TV-series, the beginning, and the end is the best. As for the ending, I was not surprised, until I was surprised. And I liked it. Yup, excellent twist towards the end of the book. So, would I recommend the book? Yup, this is a perfect I-have-a-coupe-of-hours-to-kill-book and I'm alone in a dark house far, far from civilization ... muahahaha

Thanks to the publisher for providing me with a free copy through NetGalley for an honest review!

No comments:

Post a Comment