Tuesday 20 November 2018

#BookReview Do Not Disturb by Claire Douglas @MichaelJBooks

Do Not Disturb: Be careful who you let inside . . . by Claire Douglas
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Could your dream home be your worst nightmare?

After what happened in London, Kirsty needs a fresh start with her family.
And running a guesthouse in the Welsh mountains sounds idyllic.

But then their first guest arrives.
Selena is the last person Kirsty wants to see.
It's seventeen years since she tore everything apart.

Why has she chosen now to walk back into Kirsty's life?
Is Selena running from something too?
Or is there an even darker reason for her visit?

Because Kirsty knows that once you invite trouble into your home, it can be murder getting rid of it...


**********

I love listening to thrillers at work. A truly great one that hooks me can make the working day much easier. DO NOT DISTURB started off great, I wanted to know more. What happened between Kirsty and Selene? What is happening in the house? Is it haunted or is just someone playing pranks? Or is there something sinister going on?

I will say that the first part of the book is the best when so much is unknown. Gradually did I feel that that the story was easy to predict. Still, I found it enjoyable much thanks to the mysterious things that happened in the house, sleepwalking, things moved around, the dead flowers found in the morning etc. However, everything is pretty much predictable, especially one thing concerning Selene *spoilers, can't discuss it* that took Kirsty and the rest AGES to figure out. The ending. I felt that the author tried to chock the readers and yes I did not expect that, but was I shocked? No. Was it a good ending? Yes. 

Audiobook verdict: Hannah Daniel worked fine with me. I would definitely listen to more books narrated by her. 

Would I recommend this book? Yes, but I recommend if you have the option to read LOCAL GIRL MISSING by the author instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment