Monday 20 April 2015

Identity Crisis: The Murder, the Mystery, and the Missing DNA by Jefferson Bass

Identity Crisis: The Murder, the Mystery, and the Missing DNA by Jefferson Bass
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I'm rewatching Bones and reading this book makes me really realize how easy everything is on TV when it comes to identifying bodies. Cold cases in real life aren't that easy to solve.

Nothing is easy in this book when it comes to identifying the remains of "Leoma Patterson". There isn't much left of her body, only the skull, and some bones and trying to figure out if the bones belong to Leoma or not took years instead of days. It was intriguing to read and also sometimes mind boggling. I'm no scientist so some of the explanations, like how to determine if the DNA is a match or not will I just have to take the experts word for it.

I have wanted to read "Jefferson Bass" (pseudonym Jon Jefferson, writer, and Dr. Bill Bass) fiction book series "Body Farm," but after reading this book I'm even more inclined to read the books!

I received this copy from the publisher through Edelweiss in return for an honest review!

No comments:

Post a Comment