Friday 17 April 2015

Medium Dead: An Alexandra Gladstone Mystery by Paula Paul

Medium Dead: An Alexandra Gladstone Mystery by Paula Paul
My rating: 2.5 of 5 stars

Paula Paul has written a very easy to read book. At least, that's my experience with this book. There is something so pleasant with a book that is so well-written that time just flies. But (here it comes) the story wasn't equally good and that's a bit of a drawback with the book.

The mystery wasn't that terribly interesting. Queen Victoria as a suspect for murders that should really be something special to read about, but it wasn't. The thing that really felt as a hinder when I read the book that it felt so obvious that nor the queen or the other suspects were the murderer that, it had to be someone else. At least, that is what I got from the story. Also, I'm sorry to say, Alexandra Gladstone is not a very interesting character, a female doctor in that time should be more interesting to read about than it was.

But I would read more from Paula Paul, just for the sake of seeing if her other books are better than this was and because I did enjoy her way of writing. I just wanted (needed) a must deeper and intense story than I got.

I received a copy from the publisher and TLC Book Tours in return for an honest review!

No comments:

Post a Comment