Monday 18 April 2016

I Let You Go by Clare Mackintosh

I Let You Go by Clare Mackintosh
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I buddy read this book with a fellow book blogger and it was a blast doing it and it's cool that we in many ways thought the same thing about the book.

A little boy dies after being run over by a car. The driver drives on without stopping and the police are having a hard time finding the culprit.

Jenna Grey has left everything behind her and settled in Welsh where no one will recognise her. But, she can't let go of the past, of her dark memories. And, not even when everything seems to brighten up for her can she really relax, for one day she might be found out...

*********

I read I Let You Go by Clare Mackintosh a little while ago and I was quite eager to find out if it is as good as I read it to be. And, in a way it was good, but I didn't find it to be earth-shattering fantastic. Actually, it took a while for me to get into the story and that's because it took a while for the story to get interesting. I was for a while doubtful it even was a thriller I was reading because it was just not that..thrilling. And, I did a big mistake while reading the book. I was going to look up something in the book and since I was reading an ebook can I just search for it and instead of jumping back it jumped forward and I manage to see a twist towards the end of the book and that took away some of the anticipations. However, the book had luckily a couple of more twist up it sleeves. And, despite the slow start, the book got better when the one started to see the big picture.

However, there is one thing with this book that really bothered me and that was the police. The investigations were fine, but adding in personal stuff into the story just dragged down the story, especially since it felt like it was left hanging in the end without a clear conclusion.

The verdict: The story turned out better than I was expecting in the beginning. It had some problems, mostly everything concerning the police's that were investigating the case and their attraction to each other.

I want to thank the publisher for providing me with a free copy through Edelweiss for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment