Saturday 2 July 2016

Harley Quinn Vol. 4: A Call to Arms

Harley Quinn Vol. 4: A Call to Arms by Amanda Conner
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Harley Quinn and her Gang of Harleys are hitting the road! As if Hollywood wasn't weird enough already, now Harley's made her way to Tinseltown and she's about to have the most destructive fifteen minutes of fame ever. Will the industry survive Harley's Hollywood hijix, or will the City of Angels fall from grace? And will Coney Island be able to contain Harley's newfound celebrity status?

From the best-selling creative team of Jimmy Palmiotti and Amanda Connor (STARFIRE) comes HARLEY QUINN VOL. 4!

Collects HARLEY QUINN #19-26 and HARLEY QUINN ROAD TRIP SPECIAL #1. 

**********

This is the first volume that I just didn't fancy that much. One sign of my displeasure was that it took me a month to finish it instead of a day or two. And, it has taken me a bloody long time to write it too.

It started off with Harley and her gang trying to stop Popeye, eh I mean some sailor that had mutated into a monster that ate weird green seaweed and it made him crazy and very strong. I'm sorry that story just didn't work for me and I just didn't like the idea of Harley with a gang of Harley copies being vigilantes. So, I was glad when the group disbanded.

it gets a bit better after the mutated seaman is taken down with Harley going to Hollywood and getting into trouble. And, towards the end of the volume Catwoman and Ivy show up for a girl road-trip and that part was the best part in the whole volume. At least that was a bit funny and fun to read.

So, it gets three stars, because the art is still very good and there are some bright moments and I do like reading about Harley Quinn very much. I just hope that the next volume will be better...



I want to thank DC Comics for providing me with a free copy through Edelweiss for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment