Sunday 3 July 2016

The Search by Iris Johansen

The Search by Iris Johansen
My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars

He strikes without warning.

He kills without mercy.
He's only just begun.

As part of an elite K-9 search and rescue team, Sarah Patrick and her golden retriever, Monty, have a gift for finding what no one else can. But their latest assignment is not like the others. This time Sarah is being forced to take part in a deadly mission ... by a man who knows enough about her past to ensure her cooperation.

Billionaire John Logan's top-secret venture has been sabotaged, its facilities destroyed, and its handpicked staff massacred. The sole survivor is being held for ransom. Logan knows that the only way to save the man -- and the secrets he holds -- is to find him as soon as possible.

Sarah is furious when she is strong-armed into joining Logan on his search. And once she takes the perilous assignment, not even Logan's promises that she and Monty will be safe may be enough to protect them. Because a killer is devising a sadistic vengeance ... and he may soon find use for Sara
h.

**********

Iris Johansen has managed to write a story that instead of focusing on Eve Duncan (who is the main character in this series) is putting Sarah Patrick and John Logan in focus and I loved it! I adored John Logan in the first book in the Eve Duncan series and I was quite sad that Johnsen decided that Joe Quinn was a better match for Eve. However, now I'm not sad anymore because in this book Logan and Sarah have to work to find a kidnapped man and stop a madman that has a grudge against Logan. And, they work very well together and like with Eve, Logan and Sarah's "relationship" doesn't start off that good. Can have something to do with the fact that Logan forced Sarah to help Eve in the past book...

This series is one of my favorite and, despite that Eve and Quinn have a minor role in this book is the book pretty awesome. But, as I stated above, I adore Logan so getting a book with him in the center again was a bonus. The story is intense and captivating and I loved every minute of it. Logan and Sarah have a lot of chemistry and I enjoyed their banter. And, I loved Monty, Sarah's golden retriever. It almost feels like they have a telepathic communication with each other. Almost? I actually do believe so, to be honest. Another character that I came to like very much is Logan's pal Sean Galen. A fun loving mercenary that loves to cook. 

It's a wonderful book, hell it's a wonderful series! Read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment