Thursday 7 September 2017

#BookReview Lost In The Lake by A.J. Waines (@AJWaines)

Lost In The Lake by A.J. Waines
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

She came at first for answers…now she’s back for you

Amateur viola player Rosie Chandler is the sole survivor of a crash which sends members of a string quartet plunging into a lake. Convinced the ‘accident’ was deliberate, but unable to recall what happened, she is determined to recover her lost memories and seeks out clinical psychologist, Dr Samantha Willerby.

But Rosie is hiding something…

Sam is immediately drawn to the tragic Rosie and as she helps her piece the fragments together, the police find disturbing new evidence which raises further questions. Why is Rosie so desperate to recover her worthless viola? And what happened to the violin lost in the crash, worth over £2m?

When Rosie insists they return to the lake to relive the fatal incident, the truth about Rosie finally creeps up on Sam – but by now, she’s seriously out of her depth…

The second book in the Dr Samantha Willerby series, Lost in the Lake is a nail-biting, edge-of-your-seat Psychological Thriller that will leave you glancing over your shoulder.

**********

It wasn't until I finished the book that I realized that this was book two in a series. Yes, I have a short memory, but in this case did I not read up on the book before I started the book. The less I know about the book the better, and since I had forgotten what the book was about (lots of book in my head, hard to keep track on them all) did I start to read this book without having a clue about the story. And, I loved not knowing a thing about the story nor its characters. I was intrigued by the story, sure right from the start did I mistrust Rosie and I was worried about Sam who after an incident the year before with a patient was vulnerable. And, Rosie, her behavior through the book was very suspicious. 

Lost In The Lake is a great book, I loved reading about Sam and her troubled relationship with her sisters and how Rosie started to insinuate herself into Sam's life. And, then we have the mystery with the accident when all people in the car drowned except Rosie, was it really an accident? 

Now I'm quite eager to read the first book in the series and I'm looking forward to the next one after this one!

I want to thank the author for granting me a copy of this book for an honest review!

No comments:

Post a Comment