Thursday 13 October 2016

Cover Crush: Call Me Zelda by Erika Robuck




Erin over at Flashlight Commentary is the one that came up with the cover crush idea and I loved it so much that I decided that every Thursday would I post a cover that I really love. 

***********
Call me Zelda's Cover is actually an old favorite of mine and I really need to buy myself a copy of this book. For some reason, I just think that this cover suits a book about Zelda Fitzgerald. For me has she always been a very odd and delightful person, and this cover with just a pic of Zelda's feet and Scott beside her feels perfect. It's on my wishlist on Amazon, perhaps I will buy it to myself as a Birthday present this month.


Description:

Everything in the ward seemed different now, and I no longer felt its calming presence. The Fitzgeralds stirred something in me that had been dormant for a long time, and I was not prepared to face it....

From New York to Paris, Scott and Zelda Fitzgerald reigned as king and queen of the Jazz Age, seeming to float on champagne bubbles above the mundane cares of the world. But to those who truly knew them, the endless parties were only a distraction from their inner turmoil, and from a love that united them with a scorching intensity.

When Zelda is committed to a Baltimore psychiatric clinic in 1932, vacillating between lucidity and madness in her struggle to forge an identity separate from her husband, the famous writer, she finds a sympathetic friend in her nurse, Anna Howard. Held captive by her own tragic past, Anna is increasingly drawn into the Fitzgeralds’ tumultuous relationship. As she becomes privy to Zelda’s most intimate confessions, written in a secret memoir meant only for her, Anna begins to wonder which Fitzgerald is the true genius. But in taking ever greater emotional risks to save Zelda, Anna may end up paying a far higher price than she intended....

*********

Check out this week's cover crushes over at my friend's blogs:

1 comment: