Sunday 26 March 2017

The Night Mark by Tiffany Reisz

The Night Mark by Tiffany Reisz
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

She has nothing to live for in the present, but finds there's something worth dying for in the past…

From Tiffany Reisz, the international bestselling storyteller behind The Bourbon Thief and The Original Sinners series, comes an enthralling new novel about a woman swept away by the tides who awakens to find herself in 1921, reunited with the husband she's been mourning for four years. Fans of Kate Morton and Diana Gabaldon will fall in love with the mystery, romance and beauty of an isolated South Carolina lighthouse, where a power greater than love works its magic.


**********

I have a tendency to stay away from romance books. However, I have a weakness for time travel books and I like both Kate Morton and Diana Gabaldon books so I just had to read this book.

Faye lost her husband four years earlier and quickly remarried with her husband best-friend, a marriage that, in the end, didn't work out. Now, she is recently divorced and has traveled to South Carolina to take photos for a calendar. There, to her surprise, she discovers a loophole to the past, to the 20s, and to a man that could be a copy of her dead husband. But, can she find happiness in the past? And, can she love a man that may look like her husband, but is a completely different man?

I quite enjoyed reading the book. It did, however, not really move me very much. It was interesting, but I never really connected all the way with the characters in such a way that I felt for them and the story was a bit too predictable without any surprising twist. I actually think I liked the priest the most in the book, but any man that looks like Gregory Peck is a winner for me. It was a nice little story, not a tearjerker, but a pleasant to read. And, if you like time travel romance then this book is for you! 
    
I want to thank the publisher for providing me with a free copy through NetGalley for an honest review!

No comments:

Post a Comment