Friday 18 August 2017

#BookReview The Night Stalker by Robert Bryndza (@RobertBryndza) @bookouture

The Night Stalker by Robert Bryndza
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

If the Night Stalker is watching, you’re already dead…


In the dead of a swelteringly hot summer’s night, Detective Erika Foster is called to a murder scene. The victim, a doctor, is found suffocated in bed. His wrists are bound and his eyes bulging through a clear plastic bag tied tight over his head.

A few days later, another victim is found dead, in exactly the same circumstances. As Erika and her team start digging deeper, they discover a calculated serial killer – stalking their victims before choosing the right moment to strike.

The victims are all single men, with very private lives. Why are their pasts shrouded in secrecy? And what links them to the killer?

As a heat wave descends upon London, Erika will do everything to stop the Night Stalker before the body count rises, even if it means risking her job. But the victims might not be the only ones being watched… Erika’s own life could be on the line.


**********

I liked the first book, The Girl In The Ice, but I wonder if not this one, the sequel has a storyline that is a bit more thrilling than the previous book. I do love thrillers that have a ticking clock feeling over the story. When more killings occur and the pressure grows, and the press and public demand answers and the police are doing their best to catch the killer. Well, most of them, the problem is that some policemen in this book seem to be stuck in their thinking and prefer an easy solution, even if it is the wrong one. But, thankfully Detective Erika Foster isn't that kind of police, and she definitely won't quit on a friend when the person in question becomes a suspect.

The Night Stalker thrilled me, it's a faced-paced book that from the first page until the last kept me entertained. What's the motive for the killing, who is the killer and how many will have to die before the killer is stopped?

I do like this series very much, and I'm pleased to know that I have book three to read as soon as I have time for it. Detective Erika Foster has become a favorite character of mine, her personal loss, with her husband being killed before the events in the first book, has affected her much, and I would love to see her truly happy once more one day. It will be interesting to see how her decision at the end of this book will affect the next book in the series.

I want to thank the publisher for providing me with a free copy through NetGalley for an honest review!

2 comments:

  1. I'm currently reading The Girl in The Ice! I'm curious if I like it enough to read the sequel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any of this authors books but have seen a lot of bloggers really like them. Great review!

    ReplyDelete