Thursday 12 April 2018

#BookReview The Music of the Deep by Elizabeth Hall @FreshFiction @AmazonPub #FFreview

The Music of the Deep by Elizabeth Hall
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Fleeing an abusive marriage and tormented by her past, Alexandra Turner finds solace in a small coastal town on Puget Sound and a job with a local marine biologist studying orcas.

After befriending a group of locals, Alex learns that she has moved to a place that has a reputation of being the “most haunted town in Washington.” Such superstitions would be easy to dismiss…if Alex wasn’t already on edge.

Haunted by shreds of memories of her days with her husband, Alex can’t keep from looking over her shoulder. As unexplained sounds and scents accumulate and unnerving forces seem to take hold, Alex is beginning to believe that she’s not escaping her ghosts, after all. In fact, she might finally be inviting them in.


**********

THE MUSIC OF THE DEEP is the kind of book that I felt hooked me right from the very first page. If I could, would I have read non-stop until I had finished the book, alas I started late in the evening and then had to sleep. I wish more books were like this, captivating and beautifully written.

READ THE REST OF THE REVIEW OVER AT FRESH FICTION!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like something I might want to read!! I always like to see what other think about certian books before I make a decision myself...sooo many books, so little time, I have to be choosy

    ReplyDelete