Saturday 12 November 2016

Bits and Pieces: Cat Daddies Mysteries Series by Wren Cavanagh

Bits and Pieces: Cat Daddies Mysteries Series by Wren Cavanagh
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

What is a cat to do when he sees his cat daddy framed as a killer?

Murders most brutal strike the close knit community of Urchin Cove. Bodies keep dropping, animals and people go missing, suspicions grow and fingers are pointed in this unusual Oregon coast town.

It soon becomes a dangerous case for the unique (and huge) Jericho. His cat dad and new town vet, the young and handsome Dr. All Medley is under suspicion and it could cost them both everything.

To bring justice to the cove and rescue his human Jericho must deal with a ruthless murderer and criminals involved in a horrific animal fighting ring. Along the way, the huge feline fellow becomes a cat daddy himself.

Bits and Pieces is the first novella in the first cycle of the Cat Daddies Mystery series. This exciting new series will culminate its first cycle in a full size novel on its fifth book.


**********

I like cats. I especially like cats in books. Characters that have cats win bonus points in my opinion. And, in Bits and Pieces, we have a very large and unusual cat called Jericho who doesn't like that his cat daddy, the town's new vet, is being questioned for murder. So, he decides to help solve the murder, with some help from humans and animals along the way.

I found Bits and Pieces to be a very entertaining novella. Quite far from the horror book Arachnohazard, my first introduction to Wren Cavanagh. Although Bits and Pieces have a bit of gore as well, not as graphic and horrifying as in Arachnohazard perhaps, but they do have to pick up a murder victim in pieces...

Bits and Pieces is a perfect novella for when you want a mystery, with a cat, and some very interesting characters (both human and animals). The especially liked how the story ended, and I'm curious to see what will happen next.

I liked Bits and Pieces very much and I look forward to reading the rest four novellas!

I want to thank the author for proving me with a free copy for an honest review! 

No comments:

Post a Comment