Sunday 16 April 2017

#BookReview Harley Quinn, Volume 1: Die Laughing by Amanda Conner

Harley Quinn, Volume 1: Die Laughing by Amanda Conner
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Her name is Dr. Harleen Quinzel, better known to her friends and enemies as playful-but-deadly Harley Quinn. Her ex-boyfriend, the Joker, may be the Clown Prince of Crime, but Harley's the Queen of Coney Island! So when a zombie apocalypse threatens her li'l seaside stretch of paradise, who else would ya call to save your butt?

In these action-packed pages, the baddest bad girl in the entire DC Universe joins forces with everyone from her gal-pal Poison Ivy to the leading lights of the New York City punk scene to take down anyone who stands between her and a good time--living, dead or undead.


The Harley Quinn powerhouse team of Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti joins forces with artists John Timms and Chad Hardin and draft a new beginning for DC’s craziest anti-hero in HARLEY QUINN VOL. 1: DIE LAUGHING. Collects HARLEY QUINN #1-7.


**********

I so want to love this volume, but frankly, I struggled with reading it. Am I the only one that a bit sick and tired of Zombie storylines? It's up there with vampires that are also a bit overdone by now. Of course, now and then something good will be produced with vampire/zombie in it, I still like The Originals for instance.

Anyway, this volume (that I read a while back, so far back that I had to check up what it was all about since my memory is not getting better as older I get) start off with an alien getting made into hot dogs and turning people into Zombies. Yes, that's the storyline. I was not that impressed. But, at least it was better than the next story arc...


Harley goes to India. I kind of forgot about that. I mean how bad is it that I had to read a review to remember what it's all about and all I can think of is that it's the part of the volume that really sucked. Utterly boring. On to the next story...

The last part I actually enjoyed reading. Harley goes punk. This was at least fun to read and brought an old villain into the story. Loved Harley's punk style and that she sucked at singing. Ah, if the rest of the volume had been this fun had I liked it a lot more.


So, not a favorite volume of mine, it was OK to read (mostly), but I hope the next one is better!

I want to thank the publisher for providing me with a free copy through Edelweiss for an honest review!

No comments:

Post a Comment