Wednesday 10 January 2018

#BlogTour Batman: Nightwalker by Marie Lu @Marie_Lu @penguinrandom ‏

Batman: Nightwalker by Marie Lu
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Before he was Batman, he was Bruce Wayne. A reckless boy willing to break the rules for a girl who may be his worst enemy.

The Nightwalkers are terrorizing Gotham City, and Bruce Wayne is next on their list.


One by one, the city's elites are being executed as their mansions' security systems turn against them, trapping them like prey. Meanwhile, Bruce is turning eighteen and about to inherit his family's fortune, not to mention the keys to Wayne Enterprises and all the tech gadgetry his heart could ever desire. But after a run-in with the police, he's forced to do community service at Arkham Asylum, the infamous prison that holds the city's most brutal criminals.

Madeleine Wallace is a brilliant killer . . . and Bruce's only hope.


In Arkham, Bruce meets Madeleine, a brilliant girl with ties to the Nightwalkers. What is she hiding? And why will she speak only to Bruce? Madeleine is the mystery Bruce must unravel. But is he getting her to divulge her secrets, or is he feeding her the information she needs to bring Gotham City to its knees? Bruce will walk the dark line between trust and betrayal as the Nightwalkers circle closer.

**********

I'm more a Harley Quinn fan than a Batman fan. That's not saying that I don't enjoy reading Batman graphic novels or seeing the movies. So, when I got the chance to read this book, was I intrigued. I had before this one never read a REAL book about Batman. Although to be fair it's about Bruce Wayne before he becomes Batman. So, this is the first REAL Bruce Wayne book I have ever read.

How was it? It was a blast! I have never read a book by Marie Lu before, but I was impressed with how wonderful it was to read a book about Bruce Wayne before he was Batman. And, making him do community service at Arkham Asylum (in the future will he be a lot better when it comes to encounters with the police while chasing bad guys) was a great storyline. Even before he has become Batman has he a sense of what is right, and he's not afraid to do step up and do everything he can to stop the Nightwalkers from killing more people. Although cozying up to Madeleine Wallace may not be a wise move...

Nightwalker is a book that really made eager to read more books about DC heroes (and bad guys/girls). I love reading graphic novels, but it was a pure joy getting the chance to read this book. And, the ending (with the introduction of a familiar face) made me hope that more books will come because I definitely want to read books about a young Bruce Wayne.

I want to thank Random House for providing me with a free copy for an honest review!

No comments:

Post a Comment