Wednesday 10 January 2018

#BlogTour Seven Seconds by Lisa Compton @LisaCompton1210 @PerpetuityBooks ‏@Marablaise

Seven Seconds by Lisa Compton
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Olivia Osborne, a forensic psychologist and former FBI agent, is blessed (or cursed, depending on who you ask) with unique gifts. Olivia is able to sense what others cannot--the spiritual presence of those who have "crossed over," as well as the living who are influenced, or some cases possessed, by evil. The passing of her beloved Gran was the catalyst Olivia needed to leave the FBI behind and return to her native San Antonio, Texas. But a familiar evil has followed on her heels.

When a series of brutal murders rock her city, Olivia is pulled into the investigation despite her plans to leave that part of her life behind. What if she isn’t supposed to run? What if she was always supposed to stand and fight?


**********

I love it when I find a great thriller with the addition of paranormal. And, that's what I found when I started to read Seven Seconds. Olivia Osborne has like the women in her family a gift, or gift is a strong word since sensing the spiritual presence of people that have crossed over as well as those that are possessed by evil is also a burden. Olivia has tried to move on from her work at the FBI, but when a serial killer is murdering women in her hometown is she contacted by an old friend and police to help out. The question is, will she be able to stop the killer?

Seven Seconds is one of those books that intrigued me from the start. I just love it when I read about a tough woman Olivia who also has a special gift. The hunt for the serial killer gets very personal and we learn more about her past. This is something I love, getting to know characters past history through flashbacks or reflections. It really gives more depth to the story and adds some spice to this already interesting story. And, I'm deeply pleased to know that this is the first book in a series because I really want to read more about Olivia. There is a bit of romantic triangle in this book, but personally, I found it only refreshing as it's written so well and adds more depth to the characters. It will be interesting to read book two and see how it all will be developed.

The ending is both satisfying and saddening. Can't give away anything, but I wished an event could have ended differently. It's a great book and if you like me like thrillers with a paranormal vibe, then go for this book!

I want to thank PerpetuityPublishing for providing me with a free copy for an honest review!

No comments:

Post a Comment