Tuesday 25 July 2017

#BookReview Army of Darkness / Xena, Warrior Princess: Forever and a Day by Scott Lobdell

Army of Darkness / Xena, Warrior Princess: Forever and a Day by Scott Lobdell
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Xena, Warrior Princess, has toppled nations through the force of her will. She's captained the most deadly pirate crew ever to sail the seas. She even turned her back on her past, seeking redemption for her darker acts alongside her partner Gabrielle. And yet, despite her propensity for defeating all odds, her thousand-strong army has fallen to an implacable and ancient evil. Her only recourse? To use the dreaded Necronomicon to summon Ash Williams - the wise-ass, butt-kicking, smooth-talkin' demon-killer from the future - for aid! But how can Xena save the world when that chainsaw-wielding knucklehead's every temporal mishap threatens to unravel time itself?

Cult favorite media sensations Army of Darkness and Xena, Warrior Princess collide in a wildly hilarious adventure written by Scott Lobdell (Red Hood and the Outlaws, Uncanny X-Men) and featuring artwork by Elliot Fernandez and Diego Galindo!

**********

I have to admit that I was a bit unsure about this Army of Darkness and Xena collaboration. Mostly because I have never really been a fan of the Army of Darkness movies. All I saw when I found this volume to read on NetGalley was Xena and well the Army of Darkness part did I realize soon after.

However, this volume Forever and a Day is quite a nice story with Ash trying to get back in time to help Xena and Gabrielle, but he keeps on getting back to the wrong time. Or is he? It's a fast read and I quite enjoyed it. A plus that the art is really good. So, despite not being 100% sure about this volume from the beginning do I have to admit that it was great fun to read it and I wouldn't mind reading more Ash and Xena adventures.


I want to thank the publisher for providing me with a free copy through NetGalley for an honest review!

No comments:

Post a Comment