Tuesday 25 July 2017

#BookReview Gotham Academy: Second Semester, Vol. 1 by Brenden Fletcher

Gotham Academy: Second Semester, Vol. 1: Welcome Back by Brenden Fletcher
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

GOTHAM ACADEMY is back for its second semester!

When you're Gotham Academy student Olive Silverlock, winter holidays can be a drag. Luckily, when a new student shows up at Gotham Academy to keep her company while the other students are away, Olive finds what could be a brand new friend...or a whole lot of trouble. And when Maps, Kyle, Colton, Pomeline and the rest of the students of Gotham's #1 prep school return for a new semester, the adventures are twice as mysterious and twice as dangerous!

Collects GOTHAM ACADEMY: SECOND SEMESTER #1-3, 5-8.

***********

Gotham Academy is a fabulous series that can be read both by kids and grown-ups. This is the second volume I've read in this series and I totally loved it. Honestly, I could sit down and re-read it, both for the stories and for the wonderful art.

For those of you that don't know anything about Gotham Academy will I tell you this: It's a school with strange teachers, secret passengers, kids with abilities (not all of them, but some) and now and then a guy called Bruce Wayne shows up.

My favorite character is Maps, she is a young Asian girl that reminds me of Jubilee from Marvel and she loves adventures and mysteries. Of course, I like the rest of the characters to Silverlock, Kyle, etc. But, it's just something about this spunky kid that makes me truly love this series.

The art is marvelous, this is the kind of art that I really, really love and I've added some screen caps for you all to see:






I want to thank the publisher for providing me with a free copy for an honest review!

No comments:

Post a Comment