Tuesday 16 August 2016

Ghostly Echoes by William Ritter

Ghostly Echoes by William Ritter
My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars

Jenny Cavanaugh, the ghostly lady of 926 Augur Lane, has enlisted the investigative services of her fellow residents to solve a decade-old murder—her own. Abigail Rook and her eccentric employer, Detective R. F. Jackaby, dive into the cold case, starting with a search for Jenny’s fiancé, who went missing the night she died. But when a new, gruesome murder closely mirrors the events of ten years prior, Abigail and Jackaby realize that Jenny’s case isn’t so cold after all, and her killer may be far more dangerous than they suspected.

Fantasy and folklore mix with mad science as Abigail’s race to unravel the mystery leads her across the cold cobblestones of nineteenth-century New England, down to the mythical underworld, and deep into her colleagues’ grim histories to battle the most deadly foe she has ever faced


**********

I think that the Jackaby series is one of the best YA series ever! And, I'm not a big fan of YA. It's just not a genre I read much from. But Jackaby is a brilliant series and the latest book, Ghostly Echoes is just like the previous two books absolutely great. I like that this book finally deals with the Jenny Cavanaugh mystery, something I have been waiting for since the first book. I like how in each book you learn more about the characters and the strange creatures in it that most people don't know about. Unlike Jackaby that has the ability to see them, and here we finally get an explanation for it. How his "gift" came to be. 

I loved reading this book. I find the characters are beautifully written with depth and the story is imaginative. And, I also love how funny and thrilling it is to read. If I had to recommend one YA series to someone that wanted something adventures and funny would I chose this one. It's a great book and I can't wait to see what the future have in store for jackable, Abigail, and Jenny.

I want to thank Algonquin for providing me with a free copy for an honest review!

No comments:

Post a Comment