Friday 13 October 2017

#BookReview The Final Seven by Erica Spindler

The Final Seven by Erica Spindler
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

The first Saturday in July. . . A missing coed . . .The number seven carved into her door . . .

The countdown has begun.

New Orleans Detective Micki Dee Dare is a seasoned, no-nonsense cop. She doesn't need a partner, especially not Zach "Hollywood" Harris, an irreverent charmer, fresh out of an experimental FBI program. And her assignment -- keep him alive while he fights crime using the special skills he brings to the table -- is not what she signed up for. But the die has been cast and there's nothing she can do about it.

Micki soon realizes there's more to her partner than meets the eye--and more at stake than catching bad guys and closing cases. There's a new kind of evil at work the Crescent City, more cunning, more powerful than any she's ever encountered. And she and Zach may be the only ones who can stop it.

As another coed goes missing and the darkness closes in, Micki must face a terrifying truth: this time she might not make it. This time the evil they're facing might destroy them all . . .

Full of surprise twists and unexpected turns, The Final Seven is a heart-pounding thriller that will keep you on the edge of your seat until the very last page.

**********

Sometimes, I just don't understand why a book doesn't work for me. I mean I loved the next book in this series and I like the characters. But, The Final Seven is just one of those books that fail to grab my interest. For one thing, did it take me several days to finish the book and it's not a thick book with small font. I just felt that my heart was not in it. One theory I have is that I knew what would happen since I read the next book in the series. But, I usually don't have any problems with reading books in different order. It could be because it was the first book in the series and it was an introduction to the characters and sometimes the first book is not as good as the next book in the series when you get right to the action. 

As you can see do I not have any good explanations, hell it could be that it was the wrong month to read the book. But, I will say this. It's not a badly written book. I like Erica Spindler's writing style, and I've read other books by her that I love. This is just one of those books that didn't enthrall me. But, I still look forward to reading book three in this series because I really liked book two. 

It was, however, nice to read about how Micki and Zack got to work together and how they met Angel. And, also getting to know Eli from the start was nice since I like him. But, the story in the next book is definitely better!

No comments:

Post a Comment