Tuesday 10 October 2017

#BookReview A Long Day in Lychford by Paul Cornell @torbooks

A Long Day in Lychford by Paul Cornell
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

A Long Day in Lychford is the third book in Paul Cornell's increasingly popular Witches of Lychford series.

It's a period of turmoil in Britain, with the country's politicians electing to remove the UK from the European Union, despite ever-increasing evidence that the public no longer supports it. And the small town of Lychford is suffering.

But what can three rural witches do to guard against the unknown? And why are unwary hikers being led over the magical borders by their smartphones' mapping software? And is the European question *really* important enough to kill for?


**********

What happened? This novella has nothing of the charm that the previous novella had. I was looking forward to reading the next installment in this series and it took me several times to finish it because I just couldn't find the storyline remotely interesting. Brexit, people that are disappearing, and three witches that find themselves the only ones that can find and bring everything back to normal. The only plus was that at the end did we get some more answers to what is going on, and that there is someone out there with some devious plan. 

As you probably can tell was this novella not to my liking, and I hope the next one is better!

I want to thank the publisher for providing me with a free copy through NetGalley for an honest review!

No comments:

Post a Comment