Saturday 1 November 2014

In the Shadows of Children by Alan Ryker

In the Shadows of Children by Alan Ryker
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

It’s been fifteen years since Aaron’s brother Bobby mysterious disappeared from his room. But when Aaron’s mother dies he returns home to the funeral. Will he finally find out what happened to his brother all those years ago?

I decided to request this book from NG after reading some reviews of this book. It’s not a long story, but it didn’t need to be longer since it managed to tell the story quite well without unnecessary dragging out the story. It was a good read and I liked the story. It just wasn’t scary. Perhaps it is because the boogeyman wasn’t something that scared me as a child? I was more afraid of clowns and witches (Thank you Stephen King and Roald Dahl) than the boogeyman. I’m not even sure we have something similar to the boogeyman here in Sweden. Sure closets can be scary, but I was more afraid of dolls (Watching the Child’s Play does that to you) looking at me, so I used to hid them in the closet. But that’s it.

But the story was well written and I will without a doubt read more books by Alan Ryker!

Thank you Netgalley for providing me with a free copy for an honest review!

No comments:

Post a Comment