Wednesday 5 November 2014

Pumpkin Cinema

First I must say that I'm impressed by Nathaniel Tolle that watched and collected all these movies, short movies and tv-episodes that are suitable for a succesfull Halloween evening/night. I mean spending 8 hours watching episodes on youtube is impressive man.

It is a great collection and I found many gems among the movies and it was great fun to read about movies that I haven't seen in a long time or missed completely. Of course there is one movie I don't want to see again and that is Braindead, a classmate to me in high-school got to chose a movie in school one day, guess what he picked? Yes sir, Braindead. I can't believe the teacher approved of it (and that Peter Jackson is the man behind it). 

Anyway I got a bit sidetracked now and that is what happened when you read this book. I read it from cover to cover and that my young padawan isn't in my opinion the right way to read this book. Because when I was finished it felt that I had stuffed my head with a lot of movies inside and my brain felt overloaded. This is a book that you should browse through. Find a movie here and there to see, not doing the student way of just cramming everything inside you like you are a living encyclopedia. I mean I do not read Guinnes Book of Record from cover to cover, do you? If you do I'm impressed and a bit stunned!

Also I'm disappointed that he didn't include the Halloween episode of Beauty and the Beast from 1987. And reading about Halloween episodes from tv-series I never heard of was not that fun and the kid stuff for Halloween was a bit dreary to read.

3,5 stars

Thank you Netgalley for providing me with a free copy for an honest review!

No comments:

Post a Comment