Saturday 1 November 2014

Swamp Bones by Kathy Reichs

Swamp Bones by Kathy Reichs
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Although a trip to Florida is supposed to be about rest and relaxation, there’s no such thing as a day off for Dr. Temperance Brennan. She has come to visit her friend, a dedicated ornithologist who’s researching the threat that intrusive Burmese pythons pose to indigenous bird species in the Everglades. While sorting through the stomach of an eighteen-foot specimen, they make a disturbing discovery: bones that are unmistakably human. And when Tempe spots the telltale signs of murder by a very different kind of predator, she’s drawn into a case with its roots in the darkest depths of the swamp.

**********

This is a short novella prequel to Bones never lies. As usual good written and educational, I learned a lot about Florida, pythons, and birds. As it is a short story it has never really time to really draw the reader in, well not me anyway. Also strangely for being a short story, it felt a bit long. I liked the story, I mean finding bones in a python, alligators, finding out who the bones belonged to and finding the culprit. Actually, when I think about it it was as ordinary Bones episode. Entertaining for the moment and then on to something else.

I want to thank the publisher for providing me with a free copy through NetGalley for an honest review!

No comments:

Post a Comment