Wednesday 26 November 2014

Pet Sematary by Stephen King

Pet Sematar by Stephen King
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

November Buddy read RMFAO (Reading My Frigging A** Off)!

Sometimes dead is better....When the Creeds move into a beautiful old house in rural Maine, it all seems too good to be true: physician father, beautiful wife, charming little daughter, adorable infant son -- and now an idyllic home. As a family, they've got it all...right down to the friendly cat.But the nearby woods hide a blood-chilling truth -- more terrifying than death itself...and hideously more powerful.

**********

I dreaded reading this book because I've seen the movie and I knew that it would hit hard even if they had done a hell of a lot changes from the book to the movie adaption. There were changes, and even though it is ages since I saw the movie last time I feel that the books are way better than the movie, much better. But now I want to re-watch the movie to see how much they changed the story. Most been 5-10 years since I last saw it, perhaps I will like it better now...or perhaps I just will like it less since I liked the book so much.

I think one of the reasons they fail when they do movies of Kings books (well they do succeed of course sometimes like the Green Mile) is when they take away the heart of the story and just focus on the horror. Yes, King writes horror books, but like with this one, it's a hell of a lot more than just horror, it's about grief and family...and death. Sometimes dead is better...

It was a hell of a ride, and I enjoyed the book even though I read it with dread...

2 comments:

  1. Great review dear :)
    I completely agree with you! In movies they just focus on making it more scary (which they fail to do!)
    I haven't watched the movie but I'm gonna watch it now (I love watching movies only after reading the books first. That way I can really understand the concept.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I enjoyed reading the book very much! I don't know if I want to see the movie, I never really liked it and it would probably just annoy me to see every change to the plot! ;)

    ReplyDelete