Saturday 29 November 2014

Breaking Love Book Tour by MJ Summers

Breaking Love by M.J. Summers
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

Single mom Megan Sullivan travelers to Paris to visit her best friend Harper who works there. On a night out she meets Luc Chevalier and it doesn't take a long time before they hook up. But a casual fling with a sexy Frenchman is soon turning into something more serious for Megan, but does Luc feel the same way? Can Luc a man who never ever thought about settling down with a single mom change his womanizing ways? 

********

I feel like I'm the odd one out seeing all the glorious reviews for the book on Goodreads, but I never found the book any good. I wasn't that found of either the characters or the story and there seem to be a trend by the all the romance books I have read lately to include lots of graphic sex scenes. Well, it is a smart way to sell books, there are probably many people that enjoy reading about sex in books, I just get bored lol, I just wished that the story in the book would have been better. But it's like watching an action movie where 90% of the budget went to special effects and 10% to the script. You get a lot of explosions but not a good story. This book felt like that. It was very predictable. I will not go into details since I don't want to give away the plot. But I like books that surprise me, Breaking Love never surprised me, and I was often forcing myself to get through it.

Last I will leave you all with a quote that really made me dislike Luc: “This is confusing. You're obviously attracted to me - Which is, of course, how it should be - but you don't want to be with me? How is that possible?" he asked with a teasing grin.” Yeah, Luc, she is a woman she must be attracted to you, you big stud muffin! (of course, she is but she is written to fancy him, but if a man said anything like that to me, that I must be attracted to him, I would have been pissed off by his ego!)

Thank you Piatkus for providing me with a free copy for an honest review!

No comments:

Post a Comment