Thursday 17 March 2016

Black Creek by Gregory Lamberson

Black Creek by Gregory Lamberson
My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars

In 1979, the US government relocated more than eight hundred families from Love Canal, New York, after decades of toxic contamination. Not all of the residents left: some remained in their homes on the outskirts of the disaster area. Others went underground. Hiding. Changing. Breeding.

Almost four decades later, Love Canal has been renamed Black Creek Village and restored for inhabitation. The residents there and on neighboring Cayuga Island remember the tragedy of Love Canal but have no knowledge of the monsters living below the surface. When the worst snowstorm in forty years isolates all of western New York, the forgotten inhabitants of Love Canal emerge from hiding to reclaim what once belonged to them.

And they are hungry.


**********

I had a bit of a reading slump the other day, and I needed to read something that was not too heavy, something that would entertain me. Some people may go for a chick-lit or perhaps a cozy mystery book. I choose a monster book. I just know that it will take away the funk I'm in. Sure a cozy mystery could probably help also, but sometimes I just love to get lost in a really gruesome monster book. And I was really lucky because BLACK CREEK is really good. This is the first book I have read by Gregory Lamberson, and I'm impressed because he managed to write a truly disturbing story.

READ THE REST OF THE REVIEW OVER AT FRESH FICTION!

No comments:

Post a Comment