Saturday 19 March 2016

Death Follows by Cullen Bunn

Death Follows by Cullen Bunn
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Birdie, her little sister, their pregnant mother and their father live on a struggling farm. And, when a farmhand named Cole comes walking up their road should the children be thankful for some extra help on the farm. But, Birdie feels that the man is evil, there is something wrong with him and when the dead rats start to dance, then she knows for sure that Cole is making the dead restless...

Cullen Bunn has become a name that I recognize after reading The Sixth Gun and Harrow County. So, of course, I had to read Death Follows when I saw this graphic novel on Edelweiss.

And, it's a horrifying and chilling tale and I could hardly stop reading it. You know when you read something, and you want to read, but at the same time, you feel dread about turning the page? Reading Death Follows is just like that. Have you read Pet Sematary by Stephen King? If you have, then you probably know what I mean, it's a great book, but still I'm not sure I want to read it again since it's such a dreadful story. And, Death Follows is also dreadful to read. So, Cullen Bunn has really succeeded with writing a page-turning story with a heartbreaking good story. Birdie us such a great characters, and I really felt for her throughout the book, worrying about Cole, seeing things in the dark. And, the last thrilling issue in this volume just broke my heart. And, that ending...well let's say that it's a bit...creepy...

I also really like the art, the colors, the way the characters are drawn, the whole thing. It suits the story so well.


I want to thank the publisher for providing me with a free copy through Edelweiss for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment