Thursday 31 March 2016

Cover Crush: Mayhem and Murder by Sarah Pinborough











Erin over at Flashlight Commentary is the one that came up with the cover crush idea and I loved it so much that I decided that every Thursday would I post a cover that I really love. 

Check out this week's cover crush over at Flashlight Commentary and 2 Kids and Tired Books!

*************
Today I'm actually choosing two covers instead of one. And, that's because they are both very much alike and also because they are part of a series. I have to admit that I did not enjoy the books as much as I hoped I would. They were OK, but not fantastical good. But, I still love the covers for the books very much , I love the simplicity of the covers, and the font and the details you see when you look closer.

*************


A new killer is stalking the streets of London’s East End. Though newspapers have dubbed him ‘the Torso Killer’, this murderer’s work is overshadowed by the hysteria surrounding Jack the Ripper’s Whitechapel crimes.

The victims are women too, but their dismembered bodies, wrapped in rags and tied up with string, are pulled out of the Thames – and the heads are missing. The murderer likes to keep them.

Mayhem is a masterwork of narrative suspense: a supernatural thriller set in a shadowy, gaslit London, where monsters stalk the cobbled streets and hide in plain sight.




Dr. Thomas Bond, Police Surgeon, is still recovering from the event of the previous year when Jack the Ripper haunted the streets of London - and a more malign enemy hid in his shadow. Bond and the others who worked on the gruesome case are still stalked by its legacies, both psychological and tangible.

But now the bodies of children are being pulled from the Thames... and Bond is about to become inextricably linked with an uncanny, undying enemy.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment