Tuesday 1 March 2016

The Ninth Life by Clea Simon

The Ninth Life by Clea Simon
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Introducing Blackie, an unusual feline hero, and his companion Care in the first of this dark new mystery series." 

Three figures, shadowy against the light. That s all I remember from my past life, as I am dragged, dripping and half-drowned, from the flood. My saviour, a strange, pink-haired girl, is little help. She can barely care for herself, let alone the boy she loves. And although she has sworn to avenge the murder of her mentor, she must first escape the clutches of drug dealers, murderers and thieves. I would repay her kindness if I could. But we are alone in this blighted city and I am a cat.

The past is an enigma to Blackie, the voice of Clea Simon s dark new mystery. Combining elements of feline fantasy and cozy whodunit, The Ninth Life introduces this unusual hero and his companion, Care: two small creatures in a nightmarish urban landscape, fighting for their lives, and for the lives and memories of those they love.


**********

THE NINTH LIFE is the first book in a new series by Clea Simon. This is the first book I have read by her. When I first saw the book was I intrigued by the lovely cover and the blurb. I felt this was a book for me, and I was looking forward to reading it.

READ THE REST OF THE REVIEW OVER AT FRESH FICTION!

No comments:

Post a Comment