Monday 7 March 2016

The Beauty Volume 1 by Jeremy Haun

The Beauty, Vol. 1 by Jeremy Haun
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

What if a sexually transmitted disease was also a way for anyone to get beautiful? Just sleep with someone and suddenly you would be thin, your nose and teeth would be perfect, etc. You would be beautiful. In Beauty is this reality and the vast majority of the population has taken advantage of that, but Detectives Vaughn and Foster discover that being beautiful has a dangerous side-effect.

********

I think that beauty being a side-effect to a sexually transmitted disease a very interesting idea. Especially since we live in a world where being beautiful is quite important. And, would you, despite it being a sexually transmitted disease go for it? I mean the only known side-effect would be a slight fever and you will be a lot more hungry, but you would always be beautiful. Well, until it kills you of course because that's what Detectives Vaughn and Foster discover and it's a discovery that some would do anything to stop getting public knowledge.

It's a really interesting story, both thoughtful and action-filled and the art is also good. There are some nudity and violence in it and it's defiantly not for younger children. I found it enthralling to read and I could hardly put it down when I started to read it and I'm looking forward to reading the next volume.


I want to thank the publisher for providing me with a free copy through NetGalley for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment