Thursday 15 September 2016

Cover Crush: Another Day Gone by Eliza Graham




Erin over at Flashlight Commentary is the one that came up with the cover crush idea and I loved it so much that I decided that every Thursday would I post a cover that I really love. 

***********

I found the simplicity and the colors of the cover of Another Day Gone so lovely. And, it's a cover that made me very curious to know what the book is about. A woman rowing a boat, why is show rowing and who is she? 


Description:


Coventry, 1939. Days before the outbreak of World War II, a terrorist bomb explodes on a busy street, killing and maiming innocent civilians. A man is hanged on the evidence given by a young witness. As time goes on, the witness doubts her recollection of events, but her testimony has already had far-reaching consequences.

Over sixty years later, in the wake of the 7/7 London bombings, Sara returns to her childhood home to find that her sister, Polly, missing for more than ten years, has finally come back too. Why now—and where has she been? The sisters grew up under the fierce protection of their nanny, Bridie, herself haunted by a family secret. And there are other secrets that Bridie has kept from the two girls she brought up as her own. Polly’s return sets in motion events that will stretch the women’s fragile bond to its breaking point.

Set against three generations of violence and retribution, Another Day Gone reveals the enduring consequences of a single mistaken memory.



***********

Check out this week's cover crush over at 

Flashlight Commentary
2 Kids and Tired Books
Layered Pages
The Maidens Court

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for featuring my cover! It is me, Eliza, but blogspot defaults to my daughter's name.

    I hope the contents live up to the cover.

    Eliza G

    ReplyDelete