Tuesday 5 April 2016

Every Heart a Doorway by Seanan McGuire

Every Heart a Doorway by Seanan McGuire
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Welcome to Eleanor West's Home for Wayward Children, where children learn to live again in our world after spending time in another dimension. But, what if the children doesn't want to adjust bake to a normal life, what if they dream of going home again, what if someone would do anything to go back? Even kill?

**********

Have you ever dreamed of stepping into a wardrobe or falling down a rabbit's hole? Or why not a blue box? But, what about the consequences? What if you were a child growing up in a magical land and then have to return “home”, and be a child again, but in your mind being an adult? That's what this book is all about. Wouldn't you want to go back home again...?

This is by far one book that I've been waiting to read this year. A book about children that have returned home after spending time in a magical world, sometimes the world is bright and sunny, and sometimes dark and dangerous. Nancy is one of those children and she just like the rest of the children at the school wants to go back. But finding the door back is sometimes very hard and other times the door is closed for good.

It's a short book, a little over 100 pages long, but interesting enough it was enough to tell the tale. Sometimes I think that short stories never really manage to tell everything I want to know, but this one did. And, I loved every minute of it. It's a dark story, even darker than I expected, to be honest, and the loss of some of the children in this book was painful to read about, even those that I previous hadn't cared for. Especially the first child to fall victim hit me hard.

The plot was great, sure I suspected quite quickly who the culprit in the book was, but still I just didn't mind being right. It was such a fantastic story.

I want to thank the publisher for providing me with a free copy through NetGalley for an honest review!

No comments:

Post a Comment