Tuesday 5 April 2016

For Dead Men Only by Paula Paul

For Dead Men Only by Paula Paul
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The Temple of the Ninth Daughter sits on a hill at the edge of Newton-upon-Sea. It is said that the Freemasons buried a treasure there a long time ago, but Dr. Alexandra Gladstone hasn't time for rumors like that. Not until local Freemasons starts to die. Could there be someone out there killing Freemasons to get to the treasure?

I read Medium Dead (book 3 in the series) the previous book in the series last year and found the story to be not that exciting to read, but a book that nevertheless was easy to read and entertaining for the moment. At least that what's my review says. And, I'm now very glad that I've started to write reviews so that I can go back and see what I thought. The thing is that I didn't go back and check before I requested this book. I got an email about it and thought alright I have read the previous book so I request this one. It was after that I saw that I had some problem with Medium Dead's story being too predictable.

I liked this story more than I liked the one in Medium Dead, sure it was a bit predictable, but I found reading the book was more enjoyable this time and I liked Alexandra Gladstone much more in this book, then I did it the previous. It's not a thick book, it takes just a couple of hours to read and the suspects are not that many. But, it's a nice cozy mystery book.

I want to thank the publisher for providing me with a free copy through NetGalley for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment