Monday 25 April 2016

Lost Girls Angela Marsons

Lost Girls by Angela Marsons
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

DI Kim Stone is personally asked by a mother of a kidnapped girl to lead the investigations. The daughter Charlie and her best friend Amy have been kidnapped and the police have decided not to involve the press since this is not the first time two girls have been kidnapped. And, the last time only one girl was returned. It doesn't take a long time before the families get text messages from the kidnapper and it turns out that the families are being pitted against each other as the one who is willing to pay the most will get a daughter back.

**********

Lost Girls is book three in DI Kim Stone series and one thing that I pondered over while reading this book were that the idea of kidnapping and making the one who is paying the most getting the daughter back felt familiar. I think I have read something similar, but I can't for my life figure out the book.

Anyway, the story was good. However, I do have one problem with this book, or actually with this series and that's Kim Stone. There are several times during this book I just mentally shake my head over how unprofessional she is acting and the way she talks back to her boss makes me marvel that she is still allowed to be a cop. She has no respect for other people, and she is bending the rules to suit her personal needs and sometimes I just can't understand how she can be a cop? I wouldn't mind this if she had been a private detective or some other job, but she has a job that has rules that must be followed. If it weren't for the fact that I do enjoy the stories wouldn't I continue reading the books because I sometimes just can't stand Kim.

The case in itself is what made this book work for me. I found it intriguing. However, I did not like the animal killing part of the book. I did not enjoy the parts with the captured children either. I had some problems with the book because of my feelings towards Kim, and that made the reading a bit rocky, however, the last part of the book got my heart racing and I liked the conclusion of the book.

I liked the fact that is suspected the twist towards the end with the case. There was just something with a character that felt a bit off and it turned out I was right!

I'm looking forward to reading the next book, despite my less than positive feelings towards Kim.

I want to thank the publisher for providing me with a free copy for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment